What is sludge? It is the buildup of algae in the AC drain in every home in Houston and the surrounding areas. This is caused by the condensation of the AC unit. We are getting many calls this summer due to sinks backing up and AC pans overflowing due to this sludge build up. Here are some indicators that you may have this problem
- There is water coming from the emergency drain pipe on the outside of your home.
- Water is backing up into one of your bathroom sinks.
Here are some things you can do to prevent having to call us out to unstop your AC drain. You may need to go through these steps once or twice a year.
- Take a gallon of warm water and let it run through the drain to clean out any accumulated dirt. Do this slowly.
- You can also add bleach into the pipe to remove lime scale or grime.
- Make sure the drain pipe is good quality as that goes a long way in preventing clogging
If your drain is already clogged please DO NOT perform these steps. Give us a call to get on the schedule.
Great tips! Thanks for the information!
Glad you found this helpful! Thanks for reading : ]
Pingback: My sink is backing up and it wasn’t even being used!!! | theplumbersbride
Pingback: How important is air conditioning in Texas? | theplumbersbride