Summer time is the harvesting season for slug in the drain pipes in the Houston and surrounding areas. Several years ago I posted this very simple post AC drain. Bear said that is all you need. But is it? My youngest son complained and complained that his sink was draining slow and even backing up. So what did this plumbers son do. He Googled it. Found a you tube video on what you can do to the sink drain. Yes he and a buddy of his raided the pantry for vinegar and baking soda. A simple solution to try and buy you some time is
- Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
- Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. Let that sit for a few minutes.
- Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar and 1. c very hot water down on top of the baking soda.
- Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water.
I say this will buy you some time because yes it worked for a while but the line did need to be augured. So Bear had to step in and take care of a home repair. This is one of those situations you need to watch carefully. If the sink overflows on a second floor you could have damage done to the ceiling below. Give us a call we would love to help you out.